Pro-Sim PSL Sequential Shifter V2
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
***Specialty order - Item not stocked in Calgary and will be dispatched from Montreal - Allow for up to 2 weeks for delivery***
- *Round GT Style Gear Lever included*
The Pro-Sim Lite simulator sequential gear shifter V2 has been developed in conjunction with Quaife Engineering. The internals are based on an original real Quaife gearbox design that gives the same in gear ‘thump’ feeling from a real car. The completely solid and robust design weighs a reassuring 2.8kg as it is made from hardened steel providing outstanding durability.
This is a USB device that is compatible with nearly any racing game including iRacing, rFactor, Assetto Corsa, Project CARS, DiRT Rally and many many more on PC only.
We have developed this V2 shifter as an evolution of our V1, so the differences are minimal but well placed. The general feedback was that everyone loved the feel of the V1 but it was on the loud side. With this in mind we tested a number of solutions and came up with this V2. The new PSL V2 feels exactly the same as the last V1 shifter but will just be quieter, it is by no means silent but there is no annoying ring or resonance that came with the V1 it is more of a solid thump and at a considerably lower level than the V1.
We also worked on reducing the secondary clunk which was the claw hitting back into position, which is what made it seem even louder as there was 2 distinct noises. We have used a very hard wearing silicone rubber as well to ensure the life is still very good from the shifter and it has been tested extensively before release.
Noise Level: We have tested the noise on the V2 and it comes in at 75Db measured next to the mechanism which is exactly the same as our H pattern. There is variation on what it it mounted to though, with our other sequential shifter and H pattern the body is made from solid aluminum which absorbs most of the vibration but with the PSL having thinner steel plates some vibration is transferred to the mounting surface. This is one reason why we think there is a difference on opinions on noise, if noise is of concern we suggest mounting the shifter on something similar to this; http://www.soundproofing-direct.co.uk/miscellaneous/dedsheet-vibration-damping-sheet
Material: One big differentiator of our gear shifters to the current market is the material. In a market where plastic products have dominated, people often think ‘metal’ is considered the hardest or toughest material that could be used. For us just any old metal is not enough. We use the highest quality steel 835M19 often found in aerospace applications and go one step further to apply heat treatment to case harden the material. Once the material has been hardened only the most specialised carbide/diamond tools can be used to perforate it. We do this for ultimate durability on all the critical components, creating a shifter designed to last a lifetime.. We are using the same electronics which is a Leo Bodnar board with magnetic switches to sense the gear shifts for the ultimate reliability.
- Connectivity: The shifter is supplied as a stand alone USB game controller device and will be compatible with all major racing games on PC.
- How this translates to our solution: With our solution we are able to replicate both types of shifting accurately; more importantly for dog engagement you are able to pull the lever very hard when accelerating and you will not be able to change gears but as soon as you lift it will go in. This was very important for us to achieve because is most race situations a gear change in a sequential box would happen by preloading the lever first and it was the number 1 priority this was achievable. Gear changes are done this way to reduce the shift time as you only need to lift until you feel it go in and quite often gear changes will be made with 30% throttle still applied so there is no loss in engine torque. For the synchromesh option you will not be able to shift gears unless the clutch is pushed, you will however be able to preload the lever prior to pushing the clutch the same as the dog engagement box.
ProSim West serves the local Alberta community and does not ship out of province. Orders under $1000 are available for free pickup in SW Calgary, or can be shipped for a fee. Orders over $1000 can be delivered immediately for free in the Calgary area, picked up in our SW location, or shipping can be arranged for a fee. ProSim West will reach out within 12 hour of receiving an order to arrange delivery, pickup, or shipping.
Warranty coverage limitations:
- Any condition resulting from other than ordinary residential wear or any use for which the product was not intended, such as use in rental, contract trade or commercial use
- Any condition resulting from incorrect or inadequate manipulation, maintenance or care of the product
- Damage resulting from misuse, abuse, negligence, accidents or shipping damage
- Any esthetic damage such as scratches and chipping that might occur during normal residential manipulation, assembly and operation of the product
- Normal and expected wear and tear
- Damages incurred during transportation by our shipping partners or by the customers upon reception of the product
- Dissatisfaction due to buyer's remorse